2016 Harley-Davidson® FXDWG DYNA WIDE GLIDE
DENIM BLACK FLAMED
FXDWG DYNA WIDE GLIDE
This super low mileage Wide Glide runs like a champ. Extras include:
Screaming Eagle High Flow Breather
Factory Security System
Factory ABS Brakes
Where would you ride it?
Screaming Eagle High Flow Breather
Factory Security System
Factory ABS Brakes
Where would you ride it?
Modern day performance anchored in a style that’s never backed down from authority.
- Are you ready to light the fuse?: The option of flames on the tank tells you all you need to know about the Wide Glide® motorcycle. This is old school motorcycle defiance to the core, from the wide fork straddling a 21” laced wheel to the Tommy Gun exhaust. It continues all the way back to the minimalist black wire sissy bar. Twist the wick and you learn one more thing. Not one ounce of the insubordinate attitude is just there for show.
- Authentic Styling: The motorcycles in the Dyna family trace their roots to the original Harley-Davidson factory customs. Notice the powerful front ends, chromed steel details and tricked-out wheels. There isn’t an ounce of doubt that you’re looking at a rolling sculpture. But there’s something bigger at work here than a mere visual statement. These are motorcycles sprung from a long riding tradition, with a strong emphasis on the riding. Post-war bobbers. Rebellious 70s choppers. Motorcycles where the theme was riding hard and the only rule was nonconformity. The profile is long and low, built to show off plenty of muscle. The 45° V-Twin engine is the jewel at the center of the design. There is no denying the powerful message sent by such a machine. It says get in the saddle, fire up Big Twin engine, treat your ears to the most satisfying exhaust note in all of motorized transportation, then go wherever the road out of town takes you.
- Iconic Engine: There is something about the steady pulse of power from an air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine that works its way into a rider and won’t let go. Once you’ve experienced it you understand. Nothing else in the world of motorized transportation could be as satisfying. There are perfectly rational explanations for this. The lightweight piston design and refined delivery of power. The strong driveline and bulletproof internal parts. The way engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive transmission work flawlessly together to carry you down the highway at a relaxed, easy-riding rpm. But rational explanations never go far enough. What you feel when the power of this engine pulls you down the road toward the vanishing point is the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution, Twin Cam 88 and Twin Cam 96 engines that came before. It’s something no ordinary engine can deliver.
- Technology: You don’t see a lot of 21 century technology peeking through the clean old-school lines of the motorcycles in the Dyna family. That’s the point. Once the teams of engineers and industrial designers have finished building the systems that load these motorcycles up with modern function, the job is only half finished. The next step is to find smart ways to integrate it into the design without taking away from the styling cues. Take the anti-lock brakes that are either standard or available as a factory-installed option across the line. It’s one of the top ABS systems out there, and gives you the control you want in a modern motorcycle. But the real beauty is the way we streamlined the look of the hardware.
- Handling: If there’s anything the unruly bunch of riders that gravitate to a Dyna® motorcycle have in common, it’s that they’re not easily satisfied. So we built every bike in the family to bridge the gap between knockout looks and uncompromising open road function. The exceptional stiffness of the chassis makes for sure-footed handling. The brakes and suspension components are top end, and the custom-style wheels roll on premium rubber designed for both durability and grip performance. A Dyna motorcycle is rolling proof that you don’t need a bike that looks like it belongs in a B-grade science fiction movie to burn through a wicked set of curves.
- Comfort: Journey back far enough in the factory custom history of the Dyna family and you get to the machine that started the whole thing off: a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Seriously, and that’s your first clue to the rider comfort that waits for you in the saddle of today’s Dyna motorcycle. That early touring machine featured a new kind of isolation mounting system for the engine. Which led to a series of innovative frame designs. And that brings us to the current Dyna frame and its two-point engine isolation mounting system. It makes sure the power of 103 cubic inches of Twin Cam 103™ engine gets to the pavement. But the vibrations don’t get to the rider. You’ll find the same dogged approach to rider comfort throughout every inch of every bike in the family. Handlebars designed to fight the fatigue of a long day in the wind. Foot pegs and controls that hit your boots exactly where they ought to. The look is hard as nails. That doesn’t mean the ride has to be.
- Drag-Style Handlebar: The Wide Glide® motorcycle features an internally wired 1 1/4-inch bar with tall risers. This beefy custom handlebar is truly reminiscent of a classic, old-school raked-out chopper. And with the wires buried in the steel, you get a clean, minimal look with nothing standing in your way.
- Clean Rear Fender Styling: The lines are clean as the distant horizon and the fender is cut short with a side-mounted license plate bracket for an old-school look. Fastened to the fender are retro-style, bullet stop-turn-tail lights that combine to work twice as hard for you—stop beams and running lights plus turn indicators in two low-profile rear lamps.
- Tank Flame Graphics (Optional): The Wide Glide® motorcycle's Vivid Black finish is pure and mean, but if you want to make a hotter statement, you can relive the 1970s with the nostalgic 'flame' design on the fuel tank. This optional custom look applied by The Motor Company is guaranteed to get stares from envious cagers who spot you blazing down the streets.
- Beefy Triple Clamps & Forks: This is what makes a Wide Glide® motorcycle unique—beefy triple clamps and raked out forks for a long, wide style. The sheer amount of steel up front gives this Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a defining look, one you can see coming for miles. Just as fat and aggressive-looking as the first Wide Glide® model built by Chief Styling Officer Willie G. Davidson back in 1980.
- Sissy Bar: The black, wire form sissy bar is a nod to the chopper style with a slight pullback for a unique look. Black like the frame with a retro feel adds to the old-school attitude. Give your passenger something to hold, or strap on a bedroll for a weekend run.
- Blacked Out Rims & Large Front Wheel: Raw, gritty and no-nonsense—the Wide Glide® model features black laced steel wheels with a large 21" wheel up front for a quintessential long custom look. Out back, the 17" rim is wrapped in a 180mm tire for a perfectly proportioned rear end.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of 103. The air cooled High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ Engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Standard Anti-Lock Brakes: This sophisticated ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. Its components are tastefully hidden within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Adjustable Suspension: Easily adjust preload with a spanner wrench to suit your suspension to your riding style. The slammed low rear suspension gives you a more laid-back riding position and style. Low-profile, kicked back for profiling down the boulevard and hugging corners.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- Forward-Mount Controls: With the custom forward-mount controls on the Wide Glide® model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Length: 96.3 in. (2,445 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in. (100 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 34
- Trail: 5.2 in. (132 mm)
- Wheelbase: 67.5 in. (1,715 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 80/90-21 54H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 180/60B17 75V
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 650 lb. (295 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 683 lb. (310 kg)
- Engine: High Output Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.875 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, "Tommy Gun" 2-1-2 collector exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston front and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 99 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 28.4
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31.9
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/Gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.875 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 80/90-21 54H
- Rear Tire
- 180/60B17 75V
- 67.5 in. (1,715 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- 34 deg.
- 5.2 in. (132 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 650 lb. (295 kg)
- Vivid Black